Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Is it that big of a deal?

After my last post about nothingness and selfish thoughts, something tragic happened. A girl, Cassie Hill, who is one year older than me at High Point University passed away. She was a sister of the Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority, and I have only heard positive things about her. She died very unexpectedly due to a brain aneurysm. There was nothing that could have been done to prevent this, it could have happened to anyone.  Anyone.  Life is too fragile to worry about things that are out of your control and to complain about things that in the long run, are a pebble in your journey of life.  What is the point when such terrible things are happening around us and we are worried about how much weight we need to lose or how we really need to have a boyfriend or how we wish that everything was about one person, ourselves.  Everyone is concerned about only themselves; but what would happen if everyone worried about everyone else?  What if for one day we eliminated the word, "I"?  How much could we say? My first thought in the morning today was who text messaged me while I was asleep? Really Megan? Coooomee onnn! So my goal for tomorrow and for the rest of the my journey through life is to worry about OTHER people, because I am certain that so many more people have it SO much worse than I do today.  I will love, I will be patient, I will be humbled by the never ending grace of Jesus and I will aim to show others the peace I find in Him. 

I did not know Cassie, but my prayers are for her friends, her family, her teachers and everyone she has touched in her life.  Seeing so many people affected by her death gives me the desire to live life to the fullest and not look back. 

So are my problems really that big of a deal?  Right now. No. Not a chance. 

Don't sweat the small stuff, and remember it is all small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment