Monday, January 14, 2013

Why hate a day to show love?

Isn't it ironic that a holiday where people show their love, is actually one of the most hated holidays? I understand that it may disappointing not to have a romantic partner to celebrate with, but that just means you get to celebrate with so many more people! It is a day that you can show love to everyone and people can't call you weird. You are able to show how much you love all your friends! How great is that?! You don't need a romantic partner to make your Valentines Day special! Call up your girlfriends and get dressed up and go out to a nice restaurant, get ice-cream, go see a movie, snuggle up with your cat! Don't mope around wishing you had someone special to celebrate with, because you more than one special someone to celebrate with! 

SO. Valentine's Day is only a month away! I love holidays- they are all so wonderful! When I have a family of my own, I am going to go all out for each of the holidays (just as mommy did with me). I can't wait! Even now, I would buy all of the decorations if I wasn't on a forced budget; this, however will not keep me from celebrating. I have been brainstorming since last Valentine's Day about the Valentine's that I want to make. I am going to make several different kinds and carry a bag around to pass out Valentines to anyone I see. (stay tuned for a blog post about my cards) Everyone deserves to feel special and I just hate it that people let the fact that they don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend get in the way of their happiness. And what better way to show them love than with a homemade Valentine?! 

To those of you who get discouraged around this holiday of love, remember that there is a King who is enthralled with your beauty. He desires to know your heart, He will go to great lengths to allow you to get a small taste of His great love for us. Remember that He is the one you should love more than anyone or anything else on this Earth. 

Greater love has no one than this, that He would lay down His life for His friends. John 15:13

The Lord seeks to know you more; share your deepest desires with Him. He won't be surprised or push you away. In fact He will pull you closer  so that you may feel His everlasting love. 

I encourage each of you to rethink Valentine's Day. If it is a day designated for you to be bitter that you don't have a significant other to spend it with, think again. You do have someone special to spend it with! And He has not left your side- we are the ones who want to remain at a safe distance so that we won't get too close. But that is no way to live- you will wear yourself out keeping track of the boundaries you place rather than letting people love you to the extent that they please. You can only be loved to the extent that you are known. The Lord knows you better than you know yourself- so let Him love you completely, unconditionally, with arms outstretched! 

No comments:

Post a Comment