Thursday, March 31, 2011

Make the most of it.

This song has such a catchy melody to it, but when you actually listen to the words they get you thinkin'.  Listen to them, sounds morbid right? Well I thought so, maybe it's just me. But I thought they seemed pretty sad and depressing.  So I looked up the meaning, and this song was not written to be depressing but to give the message to people to make the most of the life that they are given.  Where I am right now in my life, this is so applicable! I spend a lot of my time thinking, "If only I had this...then I would be satisfied!" or "If things were like this, then I wouldn't be so annoyed." But instead of those thoughts, why not "Things are just great they way they are!" Life is too short to spend it complaining.  And we are not guaranteed longevity, so why spend our lives thinking of what could be instead of what is. It would be great if things worked out just as we wanted but they don’t. However the Lord is Sovereign and He has such wonderful and great things planned for us! How great is that?! I think it’s great. I have been really challenged these past few weeks but also so very encouraged.  My best is so very small compared to what I can be in the Lord. And trying to do it all on my own is exhausting! I will never please everyone nor will I be able to go on my own.  I am so humbled by the surpassing greatness of Jesus.  I pray each day that I will realize my need for the Lord, and that I will cling to His side for support and guidance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment