Monday, January 9, 2012

New Semester

Today was the beginning of classes and so far it has been pretty productive! I have had a lot of things to get done already even before things have started!! It's crazy. But I am working on not busying myself with things that I don't necessarily need to busy myself with. It can be so easy to make myself really busy and forget to slow down and just breath. Such a simple task can be so extremely difficult sometimes. Most of the time this comes from procrastinating, which I absolutely hate doing. And this semester I hope I am able to make it a habit to completely break! So far I am off to a good start! 


I am looking forward to this semester very much and have a lot of goals for myself that I am hoping to meet. I always like to keep the mindset that there is always room for improvement regarding "me". One of the goals that I am very excited about is my training for a 5k. Now those of you who are runners, may think this to be trivial. But 3.1 miles in my books is quite a ways! I started my training this morning, yes it was hard but I am taking baby steps towards the final product. I have always had the dream to be a runner, and what better time than now?! In my 20's while I'm young! I can't think of a better time, and hopefully I will have made running into a big part of my life. I've got to start somewhere, and I'm taking that small step.  Something that is going to help me through this training and running is the "Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch" Pandora station. It is off the chain! If anyone is looking for a station to give them new motivation every song and to add some humor to their workout, check out this station! You will find what you're looking for and MORE. I love it and am a strong supporter of 90's rap. Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment