Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Friendship

Friendships are tricky. Because people are weird, myself included. I wonder if things were this complicated back-in-the-day before all of the social media we have. I'll admit it, I love Twitter. Facebook isn't so much my thing anymore but people use it as a means of communication, so I have to keep it. So many things can be said, without saying (or commenting) anything at all. Which leaves room for a lot of misread messages, and also a lot of hurt. It sort of sucks, actually it really sucks. I wish things were simpler, but things have never been simple. Not even in elementary school, looking back on them now they may seem like they were but when we were little kiddies getting our feelings worked up because we lost to a game of tag. (now I just assume I will because running is more difficult to me than Organic Chemistry, that is sayin' sumfin right there). I don't think things were ever "simple", nothing is simple I feel like these days. The people we meet and spend our free time with right now, will we ever see them after we walk across that stage on graduation? Some people, I believe I will! And I am so happy to have those friends in my life. But others will walk off that stage and walk out of our lives; a little dramatic? Yes, I tend to be a drama queen sometimes. But if you think about it, were those past few years a waste because we spent so much time with someone that we would never see again? I think it depends on what you learned from that person or who they affected your life. Some people aren't good friends because they're selfish, and with friendships you can't be selfish. It takes two people, because you can't have a relationship with yourself. (well maybe you can in certain cases when people have dual personalities, but in most cases two people are required) It is the worst feeling when you spent a lot of your time trying to help someone and befriend them and they took it for granted or never really appreciated it all. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had a friend like this? Am I right? Afterwards, you feel used and unwanted. It ain't a good feeling for those of you who haven't felt it before.


I care too much. I try to see the best in people. I give people too many second chances. I give people too much of my time and often forget about my wellbeing. But I love people. I don't want to become cynical, because I hope that people aren't trying to use me, they have just never been taught anything different. I shouldn't let people get to me, but sometimes they just do!! I still, however, try and see the good in others. It's getting harder now, and I hate that. It gets harder because life gets harder. I like to leave on a good note (because this was a pretty deep post coming out right after I shredded it Jillian Michaels), so I leave my readers with this quote:


"Speak ill of no man, but speak all the good you know about everybody." 

I don't know who said this, but I think it speaks a lot of truth. It's so easy to see negative things in other people because I believe those are things we recognize in ourselves. 

When you look into someones eyes, you can see your reflection but what if what you see is more than a reflection? What if what you see is a part of yourself in that person? So how then can we look into someone's eyes and hate them, or think negative thoughts about them? Because then wouldn't we be thinking those same things about a piece of ourselves? 

No comments:

Post a Comment